I am endlessly fascinated by the art of love. When we invest in our understanding of how to truly, deeply love ourselves and others, we take steps to creating a world that is more compassionate, empowered, and creative.
As I reflected on this yesterday, I asked myself "Well what does self love and loving others truly look like?"
PRINCIPLES OF LOVING ✨
These principles can be applied to looking inward upon yourself, and outward upon the significant humans in your life, as well as upon the world you gaze at in daily life.
- An attitude of genuine caring, appreciation, and interest
- A safe space where all is welcome and received
- Looking for what is good and beautiful rather than what could cause distaste
- Savouring the goodness wherever it is found, letting it light you up from the inside out
- Gently, slowly learning to see what would otherwise cause you to feel loathing and instead approaching it with curiosity and compassion
- Understanding that love is not just fluffy or ethereal, but that love is a force of radicalism, transformation, and deep healing
- Giving yourself permission to honour your desires unapologetically
- Recognizing the unique flavour of awesomeness that is you
- Recognizing the unique flavour of awesomeness that is others
The creation of these principles takes place in our thoughts and actions. It is an intentional process crafted from the sheer desire to live a fulfilling and meaningful life. And in a world where judgment, scorn, intolerance, and fear run rampant- we truly do change the world with each loving thought or action.
I would love to hear if any of these principles especially resonated with you and why! Message me or comment below. 😍 Or if you have specific questions about how to cultivate more love in your life, send me a message.
So much LOOVE to you all 😉💓🙌 It's a joy and privilege to play and learn on this planet with you.
#personaldevelopment #love #relationship #lovequotes #loveyourself #selflove #loveis #inspiration #vulnerability #vulnerabilityisstrength #mentalhealth